Looking for veterans experienced in building facilities engineering.
CO-DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES
The Co-Director of Facilities has primary responsibility for administering all aspects of Museum facilities, mechanical systems and property management. Responsibilities include project planning, establishing schedules and structure to the department, creating effective policies and procedures, budget preparation and management, staffing, and management of on-going preventive maintenance and capital improvements. The successful candidate will succeed the current Director of Facilities when he retires next year.
1. Participate in the recruitment, selection and training of all personnel in the areas building and grounds maintenance, non-art shipping and receiving and special events set-up/take down
2. Assist in the oversight of all standards, policies and procedures for the department and ensure compliance to such standards by Museum staff
3. Assist in the oversight of the Museum’s disaster planning and develop training documents to support such as needed
4. Develop effective policies and procedures for staff training
5. Plan work/staff schedules
6. Evaluate and monitor projects with regard to progress and costs
7. Develop and implement all ongoing preventative maintenance schedules for all mechanical and electrical systems (except security)
8. Monitor and maintain HVAC compliance to the required temperature and humidity levels as defined by the Registrar and Curator
9. Direct and inspect facility for regulatory compliance
10. Ensure safety is a top priority by monitoring compliance with applicable building and safety codes, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, hazardous materials, etc.
11. Identify and direct all aspects of on-going capital improvements
12. Oversee and maintain sculpture park and garden
13. Maintain fountains and all associated equipment to assure proper water quality
14. Design and maintain a program to assure maximum energy efficiencies and conservation within required environmental perimeters, including any appropriate recycling programs
15. Assure 24/7 on-call coverage for all critical environmental controls of the facility
16. Provide critical leadership in the event of any natural or man-made disasters impacting building and grounds
17. Manage department operating budget and participate in overall capital budget process
Co-Director of Facilities
1. Attend staff meetings
2. Maintain a good working knowledge of the Museum’s policies, procedures, educational practices and ideologies
3. Be knowledgeable of and practice the AAM Code of Ethics
4. Perform other duties deemed appropriate by the Executive Director
Reports to the Director of Facilities. Works closely with Director of Security, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, Collections and Exhibitions Manager, Chief Preparator, all Department Heads and Special Events Coordinator. Supervises Facilities Assistants, Housekeeper, Custodians, contract employees and outside contractors. This position is classified as Exempt, Administrative/Professional.
BA Degree; seven (7) years of relevant facilities or construction managements experience including three (3) years of supervisory experience.
1. Experience in a museum or like environment and a background in renovation/construction is preferred.
2. Working knowledge of electrical and plumbing systems and be able to make minor repairs to same.
3. Working knowledge of construction and building maintenance, mechanical, HVAC, refrigeration and building control management equipment and systems.
4. Working knowledge of principles and practices of federal, state and local law, code and regulations applicable to the work, including regulations applicable to safe work practices and procedures
5. Experience interacting with vendors and the general public
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
7. Highest ethics as they relate to all aspects of business
8. Ability to understand and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
9. Must be physically (lift up to 50lbs, bending, climbing walking) and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations
10. Possess a valid Florida driver’s license
11. Ability to work well with others and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
12. Knowledge of materials and products used in building maintenance
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org